The Governing Body of All Saints School is a body of up to 12 members. Its purpose is to ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction, to hold the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff, to oversee the financial performance of the school, making sure that money is well spent.
Our governing body currently comprises the following:
- Carol Alvey (Foundation Governor) - Chair of Standards, Performance and Admissions Committee
- Reverend Hugh Boorman (Foundation Governor – appointed by Archdeacon of Dorchester) - Minister Ladygrove Church
- Fiona Brennan-Scott (Foundation Governor)
- Lucy Faulkner (Staff Governor)
- Jamie Goddard (Foundation Governor)
- John Myers - Headteacher
- Tamzin Smith (Foundation Governor)
- Katie Paxton-Doggett (Local Authority Governor) Chair of Governing Body
- Tony Sutton (Foundation Governor)
- Terry Wright (Parent Governor) - Chair of Resources Committee
There is one vacancy: Foundation Governor.
The Clerk to the Governing Body is Melanie Clements.
The roles and responsibilities of Governors:
Please click here to see further information about current and previous Governors.
Click here to see the Governors' Register of Business Interests.
The governing body monitors the school in light of OFSTED’s four key performance criteria, reviews performance data, reviews and updates school policies (about 45 in total) and carries out classroom visits to develop members’ knowledge and understanding of the school. It meets six times a year, with additional meetings with the senior leadership team to discuss data and targets as appropriate.
Much of the work is undertaken by committees.
The Resources Committee is responsible for:
- Monitoring performance under two OFSTED criteria, Behaviour and Safety, and Leadership and Management;
- Setting and reviewing the school’s and Children’s Centre’s budgets;
- Carrying out regular Health and Safety checks;
- Reviewing policies including Health and Safety, Teachers’ Pay, Data Protection, Anti-bullying and Complaints Procedure.
The SPA (Standards, Performance and Admissions) Committee is responsible for:
- Monitoring performance under two OFSTED criteria of Achievement, and Quality of Teaching;
- Admissions and Nursery admissions;
- SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities);
- Reviewing policies including Collective Worship, Admissions, Home School Agreement, Safeguarding and Religious Education.
Governor classroom visits are made throughout the year, to observe and help governors to become better acquainted with the curriculum. Each year group is visited at least once by a governor in the course of the academic year.