Sunday 5th March 2017
A huge THANK YOU to everyone who took part in this year's 'World Book Day' themed Bake Off & cake sale. There were over 40 yummy entries this year, with lower KS2 supplying the most bakes. Thank you to everyone who came to view and buy, raising a great £186 for the school.
Congratulations to the following winners:
- Foundation Stage Cupcakes: Kara Alder (star baker); Oscar Reynolds (runner up)
- Foundation Stage Biscuits: Nathan Pan (star baker)
- KS1 Cupcakes: Oliver World (star baker); Emily Kelly (runner up)
- KS1 Biscuits: Henry James (star baker); Alice Wright (runner up)
- Lower KS2 Cupcakes: Lily Knutton (star baker); Orla Sutton (runner up); Amelia Griffiths (commended)
- Lower KS2 Biscuits: Amelia Griffiths (star baker); Ileana Pavel (runner up)
- Upper KS2 Cupcakes: Hannah Weston, Amber Wood, Sarah Hacelova, Poppy Boulton (star bakers, joint entry); Jessica Mallows, Sophie Walmsley, Summer Hawkins (runners up, joint entry); Ruben Murgia (commended)
- Upper KS2 Biscuits: Caitlin Wright (star baker); Imogen Hooper (runner up)
- Adult Cupcakes: Katie Ball (star baker); Hayley Wickens (runner up)
- Adult Big cakes: Sarah Hooper (star baker); Debbi Sonko (runner up)
Well done to everyone who entered, as you can see from the pictures the standard was very high across the board!
The Great All Saints Bake Off and Cake Sale - Monday 21st March 2016
A huge THANK YOU to everyone who took part in this year's Easter Bake Off & cake sale. There were an impressive 67 entries this year, and the competition was particularly fierce in KS1 and KS2.
Big congratulations to the following winners who received their prizes from ASSA on the last day of term:
* Foundation Stage Cupcakes: Phoebe Christensen (star baker); Thomas Choudrie (runner up
* Foundation Stage Biscuits: Arjun Kankadandi (star baker); Max Meszaros (runner up)
* KS1 Cupcakes: Amelie Wyatt (star baker); Oliver World (runner up); Lois Cooke (highly commended)
* KS1 Biscuits: Ruby Boyd (star baker); Jacob Smith (runner up)
* Lower KS2 Cupcakes: Madison Gorsuch (star baker); Caitlin Wright (runner up)
* Lower KS2 Biscuits: Harry Lloyd (star baker); Elliott World (runner up)
* Upper KS2 Cupcakes: Dylan Jones (star baker); Ella Gorsuch (runner up); Sophie Walmsley & Jessica Mallows (highly commended)
* Upper KS2 Biscuits: Hannah Pearson (star baker); Imogen Hooper (runner up)
* Adult Cupcakes: Steve Keable, parent of Emma & Henry Keable (star baker); Sally Foster, parent of Molly Foster (runner up)
Here’s a photo of the winning entries:
Within the entries, as well as some yummy traditional favourites, there were some really inventive flavours and designs including: the well named ‘bunny bu** cupcakes’; ice cream cupcake cones in a bucket of sugar sand; hot cross bun cupcakes; chocolate orange cookies; sheep and hedgehog cakes and much, much more! Clearly, many school families had a *lot* of fun baking over the weekend.
As we had so many entries, we sold the cakes off at bargain prices, and this year’s grand total raised was £110.
Here’s some more pictures:
Easter Bingo - Saturday 19th March 2016
Many thanks to all those who attended and supported Saturday’s event, including families who donated fun raffle prizes, contributed to the impressive bingo Easter egg prize stash, or loaned us bingo equipment. Thanks also to all the ASSA helpers and their extended families for running the event and to Mr Myers, who once again impressed with his bingo lingo! It was a fun evening, with prizes being won on nearly every table – in addition we raised just over £345 for the school, so big thanks to everyone for getting into the spirit of things! Enjoy those Easter eggs!
Christmas Fair - Saturday 5th December 2015
Much festive fun was had at this year's Christmas Fair, PLUS we raised an amazing £2896. ASSA would like to thank all the local companies and school families who were involved and made donations.
The Great All Saints Bake Off and Cake Sale - Saturday 25th April 2015
This was our second Bake Off event and we were very lucky to once again be joined by local celebrity Christine Wallace, from the BBC Great British Bake Off.